Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The DN









1  Curiouser and curiouser.

2   Yesterday I roasted Alex Jones, Jesse Ventura, Jim Marrs, and a few other "conspiracy theorists" because of my own lack of research.

3   In my defense, I try to teach the JFK assassination each year as a unit that insists on students doing some serious critical thinking and research techniques in which they check sources carefully. This is paricularly important in the days of Twitter, Facebook, and more recently Path, Kik, WhatsApp, Instagram, Snapchat, and the next thing to come down the pike.


4  I would also like to apologize to Judyth Vary Baker, and the woman who told her story on a personal blog, Stuart Bramhall.


5   I am a bit put off by researchers who grandstand their books through extreme self-promotion. This is difficult because the other side of me realizes that they have to make a living. 

6   The more humble researchers get lost in the mix and often would rather go hungry than sell out. 

7   I have always been pretty careful as to which sources I would trust. More often than not I would see hotshots with new theories go on pop news shows and grab their fifteen. 

8  When I first saw the story of Judyth Vary Baker a few weeks ago, I brought a great deal into question. Even though she appeared in the very awesome nine-part series The Men Who Killed Kennedy, I never heard nor saw her story until recently. 

9   I have to look into that series more carefully because it has always been incredibly well done and well researched. It was made when the History Channel still had credibility. 

10  I ordered it a few years ago and have somehow misplaced it. I do recall that when I got my copy, I found the entire ninth part  missing.

11  This is the part called The Guilty Men, and is an absolute LBJ hit piece. 

12  I also remember nothing about having read Part 8, The Love Affair

13   This is interesting to me because just a few years ago I spent an entire day watching the entire series, each piece running approximately 45 minutes. 

14  That's a LOT of watching. 

15  It is worth the investment. If anybody wants a pretty good overview of that fateful day fifty years ago Friday, I would suggest they begin with that series. It's old; it's staid, but its accuracy works. I have researched many of the things they talk about, and much of it rings true. 

16  The LBJ stuff goes deep. It is also difficult to find for purchase. Here it is. Watch while it is still available. I don't see a long life for it on You Tube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F-LY1HblmE

17  Can we trust the sources? I have read tons of books on the assassination. I chose things carefully. I have tons of "theories" that I have dismissed outright as obvious tomfoolery. 

18  I treat most of those the same way I treated some of the things I reported about yesterday.

19  About which I reported. 

20  I went to my personal insider, my PI. I would publish this source but if I give too much away someone with less knowledge will inevitably attack any source I put out there. 

21  All I can say is that over the years I was ridiculously careful about sources. 

22  For years I wouldn't touch Jim Garrison's materials, for example. 

23  To be associated in any way with his ideas could cause even the most stoic bookworm to look like a madman. 

24  Eventually I realized that Garrison got reamed by a world  clearly not ready for any sort of truth. Using Garrison as a resource requires historic perspective. 

25  At the time he wrote the epic On the Trail of the Assassins, Garrison was District Attorney of New Orleans, a city owned by one of the most powerful godfathers of all time, Carlos Marcello. 

Carlos Marcello of New Orleans,
one of the most feared men in history.

26  At the time of the assassination, New Orleans swarmed with mobsters, hit men, CIA, anti-Castro cubans, madmen, lovers, losers, prostitutes, and stooges. Many possessed a deep fear that if Castro kept Soviet missiles in nearby Havana, he might take a pot-shot at New Orleans. This was the world of Garrison. This was the world of New Orleans. This was the world of the diabolic plot that ended in Dallas on November 22, 1963. Or perhaps that began.

27  I'm going to keep this one short. I owed it to the people I vilified yesterday to correct myself, whether they know me or not. 

28  I spent much of yesterday afternoon chasing down the story of Judyth Vary Baker and found to my amazement that I had overlooked her for years, having dismissed her story the same way that  I had dismissed Garrison's story. 

29  For some reason I thought she was just some lover of JFK, which would have made her in my eyes just another bimbo. 

30  How wrong I was. I followed several excellent sources and discovered that her story corroborated with other sources. My main source for this information is a book entitled Dr. Mary's Monkey by Edward Haslam, an amazing piece written by a pragmatic and non-sensationalist researcher.

31  Tough duo.

32   Disclaimer: It does contain a forward by Jim Marrs. Marrs is the guy who is putting together stuff having to do with space aliens. I'm still not ready to go that extra step, but Haslam has gotten the go-ahead in my eyes.

33   I know, I know. 

34   I will include The Men Who Killed Kennedy, Part 8: The Love Affair here and let you listen and make your own judgments. 

35  In yesterday's DN I ridiculed her entire story. 

36   After spending the entire afternoon and evening re-examining her story and cross-referencing, I will put myself out there in her defense. 

37  Major breakthrough. 

38  I began today's DN with an apology. 

39   I make no apologies today. This is how this mystery unfolds, and continues to unfold. 

40   I think this video is legit. Do with it what you list. I now trust its accuracy. I also don't expect it to remain public too much longer.

41  The anniversary of JFK's assassination is Friday. I'm amazed that two days before this fiftieth anniversary I have hit one of the last breakthroughs on the case. 

42   I'm going to let you enjoy this video. It takes on a completely new perspective following my own sleuthing. This story is a good one. Give it some respect. 

43   Gottago.

44   See you again.

45   Peace.

~H~











No comments:

Post a Comment